New Executive Director HVP – What You Need To Know & How We Can Help
Hay Fever Season Is Upon Us!
Quick tips on battling hay fever.
Hay fever season is upon us! Up to 1 in 5 of us will experience symptoms at some point in our life and here at Davidson’s Chemist, we’re here to help! The majority of patients with hay fever can be effectively treated and managed using over the counter medication without the need to visit your GP practice. Under our NHS Pharmacy First Scotland service our experienced staff will be able to offer you advice as to how to best control your symptoms and we can supply you with the appropriate treatment. If we feel that your symptoms warrant further attention we can also refer you on to one of our company pharmacist independent prescribers or to your own GP practice. No appointment is necessary and remember that we can also provide advice over the phone or by video consultation if you wish.
There are also some things you can do yourself to help minimise symptoms when the pollen count is high. Here are some handy tips:
- Keep windows and doors shut as much as possible to prevent pollen getting inside (and in the car)
- Avoid drying your washing outside
- Shower and change clothes after being outside to wash pollen off
- Wearing sunglasses can help minimise pollen getting into your eyes
- Inside vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
- Use some Vaseline around the bottom of your nostrils to help trap pollen
Published by Laura Bathgate – Killin Pharmacist Manager
error: Content is protected !!